Telangana School Academic Calendar 2021. Memo.No.3552/SE.Prog.II/A1/2020 Dated:21.01.2021 Sub: School Education Dept. – Academic Calendar for Classes 9th and 10th for the Academic Year 2020-21- Reg. Ref: 1. Govt.Memo. No.5640/SE/Prog.II/A1/2020, Dt:12.01.2021. 2. From the Director, School Education, Telangana, Hyd, Lr.Rc.No.100/Genl/2020, dt:20.01.2021.
Based on the proposal of the Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad in the reference 2nd cited, the Academic Calendar for Classes 9th and 10th for the year 2020-21 as approved by the Government is appended herewith as Annexure.
2. The Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary action in the matter, duly following the guidelines issued vide reference 1 cited.
ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2020-21 FOR 9th Class and 10th Class:
1. The prevailing situations of COVID-19 have redefined the way of leaming in the academic year 2020-21 from face-to-face mode to remote learning through TV, computers, mobile phones etc. The schools in the state of Telangana normally reopen every year on 12 of June but for the academic year 2020-21 schools have not reopened physically for the students.
SCERT has developed an Alternative Academic Calendar for 16 weeks for Primary, Upper Primary and Secondary levels based on the Alternative Academic Calendar developed by NCERT and Worksheets for classes 2 to 10 in all subjects for 16 weeks were developed and hosted on SCERT website vide Govt. Memo No.3552/SE-Prog. II/A1/2020, dt: 24.08.2020.
DSE has issued detailed Guidelines on online/offline instructions, roles responsibilities of various stakeholders vide proceedings Re.No. 100/Genl/2020, dt: 01.09.2020 through Doordarshan and TSAT, and other digital platforms The present digital classes being conducted through Doordarshan and TSAT, and other digital platforms shall continue and a blended form of learning through both online and offline platforms, shall be made available to students up to April, 2021.
The Government has issued guidelines for reopening of schools for the year 2020-21 for classes 9 and 10 from 1 February, 2021.
|Date of re-opening of schools for classes 9th and 10th||01.02.2021|
|The last working day||26.05.2021|
|Summer vacation||27.05.2021 to 13.06.2021|
|Syllabus distribution||Project-work, assignment upto 30% of the syllabus has already been communicated and it shall be completed at home under the guidance of teachers and parents. This will not be the part of internal assessments and year-end Summative Assessment Board Examinations. |
• The remaining upto 70% syllabus shall be taught in schools by the teachers and also online.
|Formative Assessment 1 (fa1)||By 15.03.2021|
|Formative Assessment (fa2)||By 15.04.2021|
|Summative Assessment (sa)||17.05.2021 to 26.05.2021.|
|SSC Board examinations||17.05.2021 to 26.05.2021.|
• Every child who is willing to write the relevant exam shall be allowed to do so without insisting on minimum attendance and no such child will be withheld from writing the exuminations on any grounds.
4. SCIENCE EXHIBITION/ SEMINAR (VIRTUAL MODE)
INSPIRE, JNNSMEE and Science Seminar will be conducted in virtual mode only. Following is the tentative schedule for the Science exhibitions and seminars to be held at various levels:
|Event||Dristrict Level||State Level||National Level|
|INSPIRE||Completed||1st Week of February||February/March|
MONTH-WISE NUMBER OF WORKING DAYS AND ACTIVITIES/ PROGRAMMES:
|Month||No. of working days (including 2nd Saturday)||Activities schedule|
|February 2021||24||Schools reopen for classes 9 and 10 on 01.02.2021. • Revision of lessons conducted through various digital platforms remote learning.|
|March 2021||25||• FAI: By 15.03.2021-classes and 10 (34 working days) • Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and Cumulative Records by 16.03.2021.|
|April 2021||21||FA2: By 15.04.2021 – classes 9h and 10th (56 working days) • Students’ performance shall be recorded in the Registers and Cumulative Records by 16.04.2021.|
|May 2021||19||• Revision and remedial teaching for classes 9th and 10th and preparation for final exams.|
• Summative Assessment for class 9: 07.05.2021 to 13.05.2021
• Recording results in Cumulative Records for class 9: 19.05.2021
• Declaration of results and parents meeting: 26.05.2021.
Last working day for the academic year 2020-21: 26.05.2021
• SSC exams: 17.05.2021 to 26.05.2021
Summer vacation: 27.05.2021 to 13.06.2021
|Mode of teaching:||No of working days|
|Virtual mode (online) from 01.09.2020 to 30.01.2021||115|
|Face to face mode (online and online) 01.02.2021 to 26.05.2020.||89|
SCHOOL TIMINGS – CLASSES 9 AND 10:
• Timings: 09.30 am to 04.45 p.m.
• In case of twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad, the High
School timings will be 08.45 a.m. to 04.00 pm
Attendance is not mandatory and shall depend entirely on written consent from the parent. Students willing to study from home with the consent of the parent may be allowed to do so,
- CHILD HEALTH PLAN
• Regular health check up of the students has to be organized.
• The Headmaster shall keep the phone numbers of the nearest Primary
Health Centre / any other reliable medical facility, which shall be contacted for medical aid/ emergency.
• There shall be isolation rooms for staff / students having symptoms of COVID
In case the child has symptoms of COVID, the parents shall be contacted and shall arrange transport to send the child back to their residence with proper escort.
- TIME TABLE FOR DIGITAL LESSONS TRANSMISSION FROM TSAT AND DOORDARSHAN
10th Class 10,00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. (2 periods)
10th Class 04.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m. (2 periods)
Note: The teacher has to discuss the topic to be transmitted for 5 minutes and prepare children to view the programme. The lesson will be transmitted for 30 minutes. The teachers have to conduct discussions on the lesson transmitted for deeper understanding
- SMC MEETINGS
• SMC and Parents Meetings must be conducted before opening of the schools to create awareness on COVID-19, immunity development. mental health & hygiene, physical distancing, precautions to be taken after reopening of school and downloading of Arogya Setu app:
- IMPLEMENTATION OF CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Integration of co-curricular subjects like art and health activities may be included in the time table so that the children do not feel tired and stressed Mental Maths games, word anthyakshari eye. and music and dance activities may he conducted in the classroom linking with subject areas which keeps the children happy and stress-free besides being healthy.
• Some simple yoga exercises must be practiced in the classroom maintaining physical distancing to make the students comfortable and to ensure mental well-being of the children.
Download here school academic calendar 2021